You may notice in the upper left hand corner of the website that we have a new addition to the Expand the Map! ActBlue page: State Representative and Lieutenant Colonel Rick Noriega. Representative/Lt. Col. Noriega has ignited the grassroots and netroots and achieved broad support among the establishment. Noriega is a terrific candidate and understands the meaning of words like "duty" and "service." Further, incumbent Republican and Bush rubber stamp John Cornyn is extremely vulnerable. To recognize State Representative and Lieutenant Colonel Rick Noriega's addition to the Expand the Map! ActBlue page, I would love to see readers of the Guru's blog put up a half dozen contributions to Noriega today. Just six contributions - you can do it! Whether you can contribute $100 or $10, please contribute if you can! Many thanks!
Idaho: One notable difference between Democrat Larry LaRocco and Republican Jim Risch: LaRocco makes his own travel arrangements, while Risch has his corporate cronies fly him around in style.
New Mexico: Heather Wilson and Dick Cheney sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
New Jersey: The Star-Ledger calls Senator Frank Lautenberg a "key voice" on global warming legislation. (HT: Blue Jersey)
Louisiana: David Vitter reminds us that Johns of a feather flock together.
Four months ago today, I made seven predictions about the Senate races. Let's revisit those seven:
1) John Warner, Larry Craig, and Chuck Hagel will all opt against running for re-election to the Senate in 2008.Check, check, and check.
2) Thad Cochran will run for re-election.Looks like.
3) Popular former Governors Jeanne Shaheen and Mark Warner will enter their states' respective Senate races and win.Check and check.
4) At least four incumbent Republican Senators running for re-election will face primary opponents.We'll see how strong those primary opponents will be, but it's looking likely. (Go for it Larry Forgy, Joe Repya, and Bill Sizemore!)
5) Assuming Tim Johnson opts for a re-election bid and his health remains stable, Democratic Senators will repeat their 2006 feat of holding every incumbent seat, yes including Mary Landrieu's.We'll know next year...
6) Either Pete Domenici or Ted Stevens won't be a Senator after January 2009.With Pete Domenici's retirement, check.
7) The DSCC will ouraise the NRSC in every quarter for the remainder of 2007.Remains to be seen, but looking good.