Senate 2008 Guru: Following the Races

Keeping a close eye on developments in the 2008 U.S. Senate races

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wednesday Quick Hits

  • Texas: John Cornyn's spokesman confirms that Cornyn will debate his 2008 Republican Senate primary opponent, Larry Kilgore. I can't wait for those YouTube highlights!

  • Idaho: Larry Craig is trying yet another line of defense to clear his name following his "bathroom sex sting" arrest. I, for one, would very much like to know if Craig's new BFF Jim Risch supports Craig's efforts, and I hope the Idaho media will inquire.

  • New Mexico: The 2008 Republican Senate primary between GOP Congresscritters Heather Wilson and Steve Pearce will see a sparkplug in the mix stirring up noise as the unpredictable former state senator Tom Benavides is joining the race.

  • Minnesota: House party fundraisers typically get a couple dozen attendees. Al Franken's are getting over 100.

  • Kos channels my exact sentiments from last night:

    I've been watching MSNBC because of Keith Olbermann [and, for the Guru, Norah O'Donnell]. But I'm done. Chris Matthews is insufferable. Right now, Brokaw is giving him a tongue-lashing, well deserved. But that's it. I'm watching CNN the rest of the way unless MSNBC muzzles that blowhard.
    Matthews was beyond obnoxious to watch last night.

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger openbluefish said...

    I was watching MSNBC last night and I did not find myself get mad at CM. I was not paying much attention to him, mainly because I was really more concerned about the numbers and I was also watch the Young Turks at the same time. But no one has said what Matthews did that was so bad. I know that make out scene he did with HRC was pretty creepy.

    On another note I have been wondering how accurate all these polls are that we are looking at to determine the 2008 senate elections.

    8:59 PM, January 09, 2008  
    Blogger Hokie Guru said...

    Yes, I'd be watching Norah O'Donnell, too :-)

    11:22 PM, January 09, 2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home