DSCC vs. NRSC Activity
First, in January 2007, the DSCC raised $2.2 million, more than double the NRSC's $900K. Also, the DSCC finished January with $1 million cash-on-hand, more than double the NRSC's $400K. While the DSCC has more debt than the NRSC (due to loans for resources to put toward the obviously very successful 2006 campaign cycle), as long as the DSCC keeps out-raising the NRSC like this, the debt difference will not be a concern.
Second, look at the News/Press Center pages of the DSCC website and the NRSC website.
What does the NRSC press site have?
1) A release lamenting the retirement of Wayne Allard
2) A release weakly taking Al Franken quotes out of context
3) A release vaguely pledging to donate the contributions of accused-terrorism-funder and NRSC contributor Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari (a.k.a. Michael Mixon) to an unnamed charity (any specifics, NRSC?)
What does the DSCC press site have?
1) A release highlighting Susan Collins' broken pledge to the voters of Maine
2) Releases highlighting John Sununu opposing the minimum wage and dodging the press on Iraq
3) Releases highlighting Gordon Smith's hypocrisy on Iraq
4) A release highlighting the effort to hold GOP Senators accountable for their votes on the Bush Iraq escalation
5) A release highlighting that the NRSC has gotten funds from the above-mentioned accused-terrorism-funder
You tell me which of the two has been both more substantive and more proactive? Seems like, for another cycle, the DSCC is beating the pants off the NRSC.